As a mom, there are more ups than downs, and sometimes I spend too much time on the downs...Garyn had a bad weekend, he tested our authority numerous times, yelled, and was very "scattered" all weekend. Nothing seemed to "get through" to him, therefore, by Sunday night, all of my patience and understanding were gone, so I yelled back.... I hate when I lose control, and by yelling, I had lost the "fight."
Needless to say, I went to bed upset and woke up still frustrated. We started our morning as usual and things were fine....nothing different than any other day, but I still wasn't "over" the past weekend. I was beating myself up for my son's behavior. BUT, today at gymnastics, a friend, said something to me that made everything okay....and from then on, I was fine. I regained my confidence as a mom!
Thanks Heather....you probably don't even realize how your words helped my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment