So I am reading a new book called "Things Good Mother's Know," By: Alexandra Stoddard
A few weeks ago one of my blogs said this:
Yes, they test my patience, but I am learning how awesome little people are....and how it's a whole lot more fun and a lot less frustrating if you stop, really listen and acknowledge that their little minds are very smart!!
I think, sometimes, my schedule was too rigid, I expected too much....which in return caused them stress, made my day stressful, and they lost a whole lot of time to be creative, to show me their personality ....time is so much more fun when you let them express their personality (both good and bad.) I have learned my days are more fun if I am a kid right along with them....
Well, I think I got my basic point across...however, Alexandra Stoddard makes it sound sooo much better. Of course, I mean,she is an author....I hope her's sounds better than mine.....I am just a blogger, who most of the time, doesn't make any sense at all.....
Anyways, here is exactly what I was trying to say....but in her words:
"When we accept the challenge of personal growth, we will be less demanding of our children, because we will be more understanding of both their limitations and their great, varied gifts. Our children are not perfect, either, but they have great potential. By concentrating on our potential more than on perfection, we see that our capacity for growth is vast."
She also notes,"When we focus on things that are significant, that brings us joy and satisfaction, we become one with our pursuits and feel relaxed and content rather than frustrated and stressed. Let's raise the bar higher, always trying to experience excellence- not perfection- now."
I think this is such an important life concept....one that I have been working on daily. And WOW!! It is making a huge impact on my life....I am so happy, and truly, TRULY, enjoying my little people!
1 comment:
So true and I find myself expecting so much from Vance that I have to remind myself that he is only 2!
Post a Comment