Family

Family

Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekly Review

So here is a brief week review.....

1) Ryan was out of town

2) He had to come home slightly early because I hurt my back and could barely walk...(still hurting!!!!!)

3) Had an impromptu fun coffee date with some preschool Moms.

4) Listened to some of the funniest things my kids say....


- Garyn and I were playing games on the way to school and I wanted to change the game, so I started talking about the letters of the alphabet....he shouted Adyelem Mom.  Talk about excited...I have been teaching the kids Amharic words and Garyn used one (without be asked) all by himself.  So, I asked him to repeat what he just said and thinking he said it wrong he looked at me and said in a frustrated tone...."You know Mom, No in Ethiopian. "  Gotta love him!!!


-Gianna is going to be my rebel child...I have no doubts about that...so the other night while taking a bath she asked her dad, "Dad, can I say a porcupine word?"  Ryan looked at her and said okay...so she picked up a toy from the tub and said, "This toy is STUPID."  She giggled and said, "Daddy, I love saying porcupine words. (porcupine words in our house our ugly, bad, mean words.)


- Gianna while in the car...."Mom, can I take my shoes and socks off?"  I reply, "Sure, honey go ahead."  Gigi very frustrated says, "NO Mom, you have to say NO."  So we start the conversation over....and this time it goes like this....."Mom, can I take my shoes and socks off?"  I reply, "NO, Gianna, Do Not Take Your Shoes Off."  She takes them off and sings...."na na na na....I took them off Mommy...."  This girl loves to be defiant.


-And on that same note of defiance....Gigi likes wearing jammies that are tight on her....she tells me they are Baby 'Opia's jammies.  It is so funny where she gets these ideas.  Anyways, when I ask her what Baby 'Opia will say, in the cutest pouting face and very high pitched voice, "Those are my jammies."  I think this is here way of practicing the role of a big sister....


5) The weather was warm and the kids got to ride their bike...and YES....Gigi can now peddle her "big" wheel!!!  It's gonna be a good summer for her....she will have so much fun trying to keep up with her brother....



6) We sent a few more papers into the agency and are ready to have our homestudy completed!!!!

7) IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

No comments: