Family

Family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

words from Gigi with a few sidenotes from Garyn..

a few words from Gigi I never want to forget....

So the other night we were putting the kids to bed and the topic of death was came up.  Garyn was asking questions about how people die, why they die, does it hurt, what happens after you die, etc.  Ryan and I were very honest and told Garyn and Gigi different ways people die and we talked about heaven.  Garyn pondered, Gigi kept talking (shocking I know....Gigi talking, Garyn processing thought.)  Anyways, Gigi quickly responded that she wanted to die so she could go to heaven to be with Mylo (a dog Ryan and I had before we had children.  Yes, that means the kids have NEVER met the dog.)  I told her that I love having her here with us and that if she went to heaven I would miss her terribly.  Then she looked at me and said in a very honest, matter-of-fact way...it's okay Mom, I want to go to heaven so I can fly like TinkerBell.  WOW!!!

Today, at lunch we were talking about things we are thankful for....I was thankful to my kids and for Ryan working as hard as he does so we can live such a wonderful life.  Garyn, well, he has been grouchy pretty much all week so that is probably why I find Gigi's response so awesome.  When it was Gigi's turn to say what she was thankful for, she quickly looked up and said I am thankful that Garyn loves me....WOW!!!!

Tonight at our church festival, Gigi had to go to the bathroom and while she was going, her hands were folded and she told me she was praying just like Princess GiGi prays (she looks up and says, no Mom, not me, the other one.)  She started her pray with Dear Jesus, then she looked up at me and said, Mom, what else do I say.....

When we were leaving the picnic, we walked past the church.  She looked at me and asked if we could go be with Jesus because she wanted to pray for the girl who hurt her arm in the bathroom. (this is a little girl who bumped her arm about 6 months ago in our church's bathroom during mass on Sunday morning.  Gigi and I were in the bathroom when it happened.  It was a booboo that needed nothing more than a kiss from the little girls mom, but for some reason Gigi has never forgotten about her.)  With that being prefaced, Garyn looks at her and said, "really Gianna, I am sure her arm is healed by now."  That is my Garyn in a nutshell!

No comments: