It is very hard to sometimes put into words my feelings about our adoption.
I think about Baby 'Opia EVERY day...
imagining what it is going to be like when we receive the phone call...
imagining a boy or a girl...
imagining our first touch...
the first time the kids get to hug each other...
I am constantly working on being patient;
hopeful the day I imagine so often will happen soon.
I pray everyday that God keeps our child(ren) safe while we are apart and waiting,
I pray for our child(ren's) family and their continue strength and health,
and I pray for the continued strength and patience during this waiting time...
But,
I have my moments...
moments of sadness, frustration, fear, loneliness, longing...
sometimes they 'hit' me when I am silent before I go to bed,
or when I am driving,
or when I look at my two children peacefully sleeping at night.
I remind myself that it WILL happen at the PERFECT moment,
I place my trust in God and then those 'bad' feelings seem to fade...
Today, I have carried them with me ALL day.
Simply put, I AM SAD today.
We are having to update most of our homestudy documents because it has been a year since their initial completion. So, that means, I have been talking more about the adoption...reminding me all over again how LONG we have been patient...
Baby 'Opia,
If I had 4 minutes with you today, this is EVERYTHING I would say to you...
This song is for you-
If you want to know what I would say...
listen to the words of this song
All my LOVE,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment