Durning Garyn's 6 year old wellness visit, his pediatrician did not like the way his heart murmur sounded (it is something that has been with Garyn since his battle with Kawasaki's,) so they wanted him to see his cardiologist again for a check up.
Two weeks ago, he had an EKG, Echo, and a chest X-Ray (tests Garyn are all too familiar with.) I took Garyn thinking is was going to be a typical review and we would be out of there in an hour. I thought his cardiologist would say...."let's just keep monitoring his murmur."
Well, during his FOREVER long echo, I texted Ryan and told him I didn't like the way things were going...I had a mommy feeling, especially after the tech told me, "things will be okay, you have the best cardiologist around."
....
What we learned...
Garyn's echo came back abnormal. His aorta is showing signs of narrowing and Dr. Darragh is concerned not only about his aorta but also with his peripheral and carotid arteries.
In short, he believes Garyn's health scare in September is/ was correlated with his current concerns of Garyn's heart and arteries.
...
Today Garyn is having a Cardiac MRI to hopefully provide the pictures Dr. Darragh needs to decided Garyn's future medical needs. If this does not work, Garyn will need a heart catheterization.
...
My hope is that Garyn will need only need monitoring. My biggest fear is that we are told our next visit with be with a surgeon.
...
Please keep Garyn in your thoughts and prayers!!! He is an amazing and STRONG little boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment