Family

Family

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our wait... has been so much more

Our journey to Ethiopia has been a long road...and we still have a few miles to walk.  At times, the sinner in me wants to place blame on something or someone for our extended wait but the truth is...this wait has given us many blessings in our life.  Most importantly, our wait has renewed our Faith!!!  

As our family continues on this journey of life (and to baby 'opia,) we are learning to look for, embrace openly, and enjoy the Lord's daily blessings.  For a long time, I walked through everyday selfishly, fulfilling my every immediate need with material things, constantly trying to fill that 'void.'  The truth is...that void can never be filled with worldly matters.  The only thing that has curbed the feeling of wanting more, needing more... is my relationship with our Lord.  As I began to enjoy the Peace in His Presence, the feeling of not measuring up, the emptiness, the craving for more....well, it disappeared!!

So...you see... If we trust God, we will learn He is ALWAYS there.  We must welcome the wait. 

March 26:
"Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do.  It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things our yourself.  Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live: all day, every day.  I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties.
I have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me: renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope awareness of My continual Presence.  Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will.  It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presence is fullness of Joy.
-Jesus Calling
Sarah Young


But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They wil soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31


1 comment:

Captain Murdock {Godwilladd.com} said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog Natalie. Glad you will be joining this Amharic journey with us!!! Please contribute phrases, if you know one relating to the word of the day. Pretty please -)