His steady hand is always holding us...
On Sunday night, Ryan and I had just went to bed, the clock read slightly before midnight. The kids had been sleeping for hours. When all of the sudden someone started knocking on our front door. We waited thinking it would stop....when it didn't, panic raced through my veins. Someone wanted our attention and they were not going to stop until they got it. We call 911 and Ryan quietly tried to sneak a peak of the person now banging on our door. Then just as Ryan was about to walk downstairs, phone in hand, to face the large man knocking on our door.....he disappeared. Police searched for him most of the night, but came up with nothing. Needless to say, I didn't fall back to sleep until daylight came....
Looking back, there are a few things Ryan and I said we would do much differently...so here is my advice to you. Even if you think "a break in would never happen at my house," think again....and come up with several different 'what i think i would need to do' plans.
Yesterday morning Ryan and I talked about our plans and things we would have done differently. Thankfully, no one entered our home and no one was hurt....but it was a great big eye opener.
There is no doubt in my mind the Lord was keeping us in the palm of his hand...He was watching over our home, my family. Our plans changed, we were not actually suppose to be home until Tuesday. But instead, we decided to come home Sunday. Had we not been home...I truly believe the home we walked into Sunday afternoon would have looked gravely different.
Praise the Lord for the Lord is good! Psalm 135
No comments:
Post a Comment