Yesterday was such an awesome day!
It was a SNOW DAY. NO SCHOOL!!!!
I do not know who was more excited me or the kids. We spend so much of our time together running around, we rarely get to spend the entire day together in the house. So yesterday, we put that time to good use. We played pirates and princess' all morning, baked and decorated Gingerbread cookies, did a little bowling and tennis on the Wii (Garyn was so surprised that I suggested the playing of the Wii. He looked at me and said, "Mom, I didn't know you knew how to work this." Then said," that's right Mom, try and try until you figure it out. right Momma?" Yes, Garyn, you are right, try and try until you get it right! What an awesome little man!
We watched movies and went to bed without a bath!!! It was really an ideal day!
While sitting on the couch at the end of the night, I saw a commercial of a little boy growing up, playing sports, then college, etc. I immediately looked at Ryan and said, "I do not want my kids to grow up." I love watching them when they do not notice me, I love listening to their comments to one another, I love watching them analyze and discover new things....
Yes, they test my patience, but I am learning how awesome little people are....and how it's a whole lot more fun and a lot less frustrating if you stop, really listen and acknowledge that their little minds are very smart!!
I think, sometimes, my schedule was too rigid, I expected too much....which in return caused them stress, made my day stressful, and they lost a whole lot of time to be creative, to show me their personality ....time is so much more fun when you let them express their personality (both good and bad.) I have learned my days are more fun if I am a kid right along with them....

(here is an example: instead of being upset because he is using a perfectly good roll of toliet paper. I let him roll it out, use his creativity and race his cars on his "race track." He loved it and I had fun watching him be creative and have fun!!!!!)
So of course I want this time to last forever, because we are really good at it (we are good because we "try and try again" as Garyn reminded me yesterday)....
I know what lies ahead will be just as much fun, and just as rewarding!! I just hope no matter their size or age....I can still lay with them at night and talk.....those are my ultimate favorite times together!

Garyn very proud of his Gingerbread Man!

Gigi liked the icing more than decorating....

Here is the evidence....she ate more icing than she did decorating!
1 comment:
Have I mentioned how glad I am you're blogging again??? Because I am! Ryker and I had a day just like that on Monday and I thought the same thing...this is so much fun and we need to do it more often!
Post a Comment