10 years ago today,
I graduated from Saint Mary's College....
I LOVED my time there,
my dorm,
my friends,
football,
professors,
yep....even the dining hall....
The 4 years went fast,
too fast...
so fast, in fact, I wasn't able to really appreciate the years.
I thought the lack of appreciation was because the years went too fast,
but when I really started to think about it....
The years passed by... just about right....not too fast, not too slow....
I was just too YOUNG to appreciate all of the goodness!!!
So now, 10 years later, WOW.....
as I look back on my college years, I wish I would have done so much more with my time,
I wish I would have taken advantage of the different opportunities that were at my feet and fingertips.
But, I didn't....How sad....it makes me so very sad..
But when I look at it differently.....
I say to myself, "you were young and stupid, you were suppose to be....
It is NOW when you can make it really count.
It is NOW that you old enough, wise enough, experienced enough, to really appreciate the ground work that was placed so many short years ago...."
So today I thank my Mom and Dad for all of their hard work, time, and money....
if it wasn't for them and their approval of SMC, I TRULY would not be who I am today....
Congratulations to all of my SMC ladies... looking forward to the reunion in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment